- 3.Cups of ;Rhubarb chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 Inch of Fresh Ginger Sliced Thinly
- 2 Teaspoons of Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- Tiny Pinch of Ground Cardamon
- Massage your salt and spices into the rhubarb in a bowl. Leave for few hours. The rhubarb will start to release water and create a brine.
- After a few hours find utensils and a container that will weigh down the rhubarb and keep it airtight.I just used a mixing bowl and a tupperware container.
- If the brine doesn't cover the rhubarb add a little water.
- Leave for 3 to 7 days.
- This will make a great probiotic addition to smoothies and desserts.
The aim is to allow your rhubarb to fermented in an air free environment for a number of days.it should be good after 3 to 4 days.I let mine for a week.